Vision and Mission
Nurture a sustainable ecosystem for capacity building in the field of teacher education.
To empower and enable teacher educators across the entire spectrum from pre-kindergarten to post-graduate levels to design, develop, and implement learning environments such that all students have an equal opportunity to succeed.
- To take a Leadership role and drive policies to promote best
practices in teaching and learning.
- To become a Hub centre for Innovation, Excellence, and Quality
in the field of teacher education.
- Promote Scientific Practices in Teacher Education, Training,
Research and Development.
- To provide a common platform for developing, and sharing
resources across various disciplines and domains of teacher
- To create opportunities for effective design, development and
integration of technology in the teaching-learning ecosystem.
- Establish strategic collaborative partnerships with national and international Institutions/Organizations/Experts to synergize capacity building efforts in teacher education.
The University Grant Commission (UGC) under section 12 (CCC) has established autonomous institutions for providing services and Programs for a group of universities and institutions. The Inter University Centers (IUC) in the country such as IUCAA, IUAC, UGC DAE CSR , CEC, INFLIBNET, IUCIS, NAAC are functioning in their specialized areas. The Inter University Center for teacher education (IUCTE) at BHU, Varanasi is the most recent edition with focus on Teacher Education. The IUCTE, BHU was launched by Honorable Prime Minister on 25 December 2014 at BHU, Varanasi.